Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day Cards From the Dog and Daughter and My Personal Father's Day Observation.

Father's Day was yesterday. I hope that everyone had a great day and made their dad's feel like Kings!

Anyway, here is a funny Father's Day observation that I had...

I went to the grocery store Sunday morning after tanning just like I do every Sunday morning after tanning, and I noticed that there sure were a lot of dad's with kids at the grocery store. I noticed because this was unusual for my Sunday morning grocery shopping. Normally it's just me and some other heathens in there on Sunday morning not dads and kids!

Anyway, I mentioned this to my husband later that day when he got home from golfing and he said that he knew exactly why there were so many dads at the store with their kids.

He said that on Father's Day some women think that since it is Father's Day the fathers should have to be with their kids on that day! He said that all his friends have to take thier kids with them wherever they go!

Am I the only one that thinks that is a little crazy? I know that on Mother's Day I don't want to be with kids, mine or anyone elses.

So, what's say next year, if you are one of those women that makes your husband schlep the kids around all day as their reward for being a dad, don't. Let them go golfing and drink beer with their buddies or all alone if they want to. Let them sit on the couch in their boxers and watch ESPN all day long. It's their day, afterall.



Now on to some card making.

My daughter made her dad this card for Father's Day. I think its pretty fabulous since she has only made 3 or 4 cards ever. She did however write the word "Daddy" before she saw that I have Snap Stamps that she could have used but that's ok, it's more personal that way, right??

And this card is from the dog, isnt she sweet??:


Supplies:

1st Card: SU! Wild About You, Flannel Plaid stamp sets; Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie and Summer Sun Cardstock; Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie and Ruby Red Classic Ink; Silver brads, Hodgepodge Hardware

2nd Card: My Favorite Things Cat n' Dog stamp set; Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock; SU! White craft ink, Palette Noir hybrid Ink, Basic Black Marker

3 comments:

  1. Great cards from DD and the dog!! What about the cats?? I know you have a new addition- "Pretty" needs to keep up with everyone else now. No slacking. :)

    I think Moms make Dads take the kids because usually Moms ALWAYS have the kids. Maybe Father's Day was concocted by some smart women who thought it would be a good excuse to have themselves a vacation from the kids.. hee hee. I will have to use this in the future if I have more kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rae Raes card and bear bears. Paul slept most of fathers day, so he didn't have to be with Cadence all day, and I spent mothers day on vacation. So I thought it was meant to be like a free day.....

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!