Thursday, January 24, 2008

Doing My Part for Economy of the United States...lol

This morning, I was reading the news on the net and all the talk about the economy and what the government plans to do to boost the economy etc...

Apparently there is talk of us all (in the US) getting $600 in a few months from the government to put back into the economy! Wouldn't that be fabulous and how will we pay in the end for it...were my first thoughts?? Cause you know we'll pay, we just won't know it...

Well, all this talk about the state of our economy got me thinking about what I can do as a citizen of the United States...

So, I had the brilliant idea that I should shop til I dropped, or my fingers fell off, whichever came first...

I just thought of all the things I have been putting off buying that I wanted but dont particularly *need*, KWIM? And thought this would be the perfect time to do my duty as a US citizen and boost the economy ;) (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!)

Anyway, here's where I have been today and what I bought:

I got Girl In Car, Flower Girl, Cup and Saucer and Cup of Tea saying
I got Just Keep Swimming, Text Message, Just So Hippy and a free set
I bought the rectangle Nestabilities set. I was advised to get the circles first but I really, really love the look of the rectangles with the embossed edges...so I'm gonna just have to get the circles next month;)
Jacksonbelle's Embellishments (25% off everything!)
I am a frequent shopper at this ebay store and really didnt *need* anything (do I ever??) but since there is a big sale going on I went ahead and bought some Lizzie Anne stamps!
From Ellen's store I bought the complete Copic Spica Glitter Pen Set!
Pretty good for one day, right??
I am helping out the economy here...I am a good citizen of the United States for buying all this stuff!!!

13 comments:

  1. You are an excellent citizen of the US! You could purchase the exact same list for me and then you'd be doubly the excellent citizen! LOL! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bought 4 round trip plane tickets to CA for June. My hubby's father is having a 70th birthday bash.

    Let's just say after that "spending spree" I have no money left to buy stamps till tax refund!

    So depressing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!! If you manage to spend that rebate in less than 4 hours, I'll nominate you for American Citizen of the Year!

    (and ya, spend it now, because it will come out of our income sometime we're not looking!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! My mother-in-law has been using that reasoning for years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luvin your logic here! Too funny! Unfortunately, I think my hubby would kill me as I have been doing my duty lately at all the clearance sales for my kids stuff for next winter - he would definitely not be happy if I stimulated the rubber stamping economy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! Nice work! I got the rectangle nesties first, too, and LOVE them. I think ovals are next on my list. I have an extra tan embossing mat if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. jailbirdstamper/lauriJanuary 26, 2008 at 8:27 PM

    Hey (waving American flag) - what a great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to laugh because I have been on a shopping diet for years now and Hubby says: honey I noticed ever since you stopped shopping like you used when we met, the economy has been headed towards a recession.
    I say, yep who know one person could make such an impact!

    YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, it WAS a good shopping day!!! Thanks for your purchase!;)
    I bought the nestabilities in that order, too Rectangles, circles, now I just have to decide whather to get the square or ovals next on Feb 1, decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! So patriotic! I might have to celebrate a primary somewhere tomorrow....as a way to invest in the future! Thanks for being such a shopping inspiration! :-) Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You shop just like I do! I better mark this blog entry to show my dh. He'll love to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a great citizen, Jimmi! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work on saving the economy! I've been working on my wish list to help out too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!