Sunday, February 17, 2008

What have I been doing all weekend??

Making these:

A co-worker asked me to make some type of favor to put on the table at her son's wedding rehearsal dinner that is this Friday night (the 22nd) so I made 2 little boxes and a sour cream container and brought them to work and showed her all of them and she liked these containers the best. The dinner is at a sushi restaraunt and she thought these were more Asian inspred than regular square boxes. I didn't know they were supposed to be Asian inspired so I didn't even make anything with that in mind, I just made a few things I knew how to make...lol. I am glad she liked one of them anyway:)
I'm especially glad she liked these because they are pretty quick to make and I am awful at making boxes...phewey!

The groom-to-be's inital is "G" hence the "G" on these little containers.
I can't tell you what stamp set this is but I know it is one of the Papetertrey Ink Monograms. I borrowed it from a friend and I don't have it anymore so I can't give you the name off hand, sorry.

The paper I used is the Prints Series Designer Paper in Close to Cocoa, by SU! My co-worker said the wedding is all brown shades so I showed her SU!'s browns and she loved the Close to Cocoa so that is why I used this paper for them.

The best part is that they are filled with Godiva chocolates and there are about a dozen leftover and she said I could eat whatever's left!! YUM!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
It's back to real work tomorrow, boo hoo...

8 comments:

  1. Jimmi, these are gorgeous!! They look so elegant. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmi, these look fabulously delicious! Great combo of cocoa colors and chocolate inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out perfect! Very elegant. You must have a trick for tying the ribbons so beautifully, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! These are fabulous! Love these colors for a wedding! Glad you get to indulge a bit too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You are one talented lady! I love this design. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these containers. They are so classy looking. I may have to CASE them.

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous- I know she had to have been thrilled. They are so elegant- and lucky you got to have the leftovers! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!