Saturday, March 8, 2008

I'm An Auntie {again}

And I am soooooo happy and excited!

My sister was due the 20th of this month but like all the women in this family my new niece decided to do things her way and come a little bit early;) Don't you just love an independent girl, lol??

So my niece, Payton Elizabeth was born in Italy at 1:59am on March 9th and here in VA at 7:59pm on March 8th...cool, she gets 2 birthdays!


My sis and brother-in-law live in Italy with the Navy so I can't be there right now with my baby sister and it is killing me. We are so close that it is physically painful not to be with her right now and not to get to hold my niece. They have one girl already, my niece Cadence (who I am missing like crazy right now, too), and I am so excited for her to meet her baby sister, to be there for that moment would be pure heaven...

But as so many of you know, military life is all about sacrifice and even though I am not the one in the Navy, my dad was and my brother-in-law is so it is a HUGE part of my life, too.


Hopefully, I can go and meet her sooner rather than later!


To help myself deal with my feelings of overwhelming joy and utter sadness, I made Peyton her 1st birthday card tonight:

I used all Papertrey Ink supplies to make this card and I wrote a horribly, sappy letter to my niece on the inside, covered in tears and all...geesh, since I have become an Auntie (4th time now) I have become so emotional...what will I do with myself if either sister has another one??

I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far.
And hug your family that is close to you, ok?

Oh, my friend Katherine is a new Auntie tonight, too! Congrats Kath and I am praying for your niece...and brother and sil...

10 comments:

  1. Congrats! Also, I love your card, that paper is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious name & card! love to Peyton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card.
    congratulations to the new baby in the family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmi! LOVE THAT CARD! The sappy letter is the best thing EVER! Of course I would think so because in the words of my 16 year old "...that's just the way I roll." I love the sappy stuff! Congrads, Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know just how you feel, Jimmi! This card is beautiful. Thanks for your prayers. Welcome Payton!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and a big CONGRATS to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! So soft and elegant--and congrats on being an auntie too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a totally gorgeous card Jimmi! And I just saw that you're on the Unity stamps design team. Awesome! Looks like they have really cute stamps.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!