Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pretty Little Plaque & Birdie Update

I have been without internet service at home for a few days and OMG there is nothing worse, I swear, I don't know how I ever lived without dsl, LOL! AND I have like 200+ items on my Google Reader to catch up on...good thing it isnt busy at work today:)

I am so lost having not been blogging for a while that I almost don't know how to talk to you...

Last night I needed a very quick gift for my friend/nail tech. My appt. was at 6:30, I got home from work at 5:30, needed to make something quick for dinner and drive 20 minuntes away in that little bit of time...luckily she is always running behind so I really had until 7:00 *wink*. So I whipped up this little plaque for her to hang on her light at work to go with her birthday card I made a while ago.

Yes, I cheated and punched out the flowers instead of hand cutting them but it is the best I could do in 15 minutes, kwim? I think they match well enough.
(Sorry, Sherry, I just can't give you back this stamp set, ever......hehehehe)

And here is a little update on those cute Robin's in my holly bush.

There are only 2 left in the nest. I went out this morning to check on them and the other 2 flew out of the bush right at me, lolol!! Scared the "you know what" out of me but I was so excited to see they were finally flying. They couldn't all fit in that nest for much longer.

These 2 are holding out though....I tried to get a picture really quickly of the 2 that flew out of the nest but they were running and flying away from me so fast that I couldn't get a good picture...

Here is one of them all the way across the street in the neighbors yard looking back at me like I am a crazy lady!!

And I suppose I did look like one this morning in 4 inch heels running across the street with my camera in my hand yelling "come back here birdie, I need your picture..." I hope you have a great day, wherever you are, whatever you are doing!

5 comments:

  1. This is great. You really did a good job thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this post is HILARIOUS!!!! I wish the birdie could've taken a picture of YOU! Hehehe. Anyway, I really do feel for you not being online. I think I'd curl up into a ball and stay that way until it worked again. I'm sure your nail tech loved the plaque. It's adorable and looks like it took WAY more than 15 minutes to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project is the cutest. I'm a sucker for birds too. We have bluebirds nesting in our garden and I can't wait for the next clutch to hatch (we lost the last 5 eggs to a bird vandal).

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe - I wish I could have seen you chasing the birdie in your high heels :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!