Friday, July 18, 2008

Kenny Chesney Day - yesterday

Yesterday was officially Kenny Chesney Day!!It comes around every Summer...sometimes in July, sometimes in August, but it comes around like clockwork! It's my favorite day of the year. Better than Christmas, birthdays, Thanksgiving, better than any day of the year!!


Rachel (my daughter) and I woke up at 3:45am to participate in the local radio stations Kenny-lympics...this is my 1st time trying this but I thoguth what could it hurt right?? I was off of work so why not.

There were 50+ people and I made it to #7 and 1-5 were the winners so I just missed my front row tickets, it was such a bummer but I had fun running the obstacle and playing musical chairs...in toddler chairs....how often do you get a chance to do something like that???
From there we went to VA Beach where my sister-in-law had a hotel room with some of her girlfriends and laid out on the beach and hung out until the concert, it was such a perfect day!!

Lee Ann Rimes opened for him and I had never see her before. Let me tell you something, she was awesome!! She rocked her little butt off! Here's a video of her taken with Rachel's camera (you may hear my Rachel singing with her):

video

Lee Ann was so cute and sassy in her minidress and high heels!



Here is Rachel before the show:



Here is the hottie:
(I was surprised the stage didnt catch fire when he came out, he was so hot!!)
Here is a little video taken by Rachel of him singing Don't Blink:


video

When Kenny sang When the Sun Goes Down he had LeeAnn come out too and she was in her pajamas!! It was so funny...he said "Miss LeeAnn Rimes...in her pajamas???" and started laughing his head off!!


I have seen Kenny every year he has been here and I can honestly say that he has never been so wide open and so keyed up!! I know he loves coming to VA Beach and we love having him, too!!! He sang songs of his he never sings in concert, he sang some BobMarley songs, a little Steve Miller Band, OMG, he was on fire like I have never seen!! After being up from 3:45am I finally got home and to bed at about 1:30am....and I would do it for him any day of the week!!!

Hope everyone has a great day and I will try to stamp again someday...!!!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review...we love us some Kenny Chesney!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great time! You and Rae look like sisters, NOT mother and daughter!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!