Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hip Hop Thursday!!!

Thanks for hopping over from Heidi's blog!!
Today is an exciting Hip Hop, not that they all arent, but it's extra fun when we have new releases on Hip Hop day and another charitable cause for you to give to!!!

Oh and I tried new stuff today! Aren't you proud of me???

Be sure to see Angela's blog for all the sales and specials today as well as a peek at the new releases!!

The next stop on your hop to the prize.............is a little farther down, yes you have to look at what I made first!! hehe:)

So, I was in the supply room at work and my boss came in as I was digging in this box full of these manilla colored tags and I said "hey, what are these for" and he said "they're to hang on the peanut bags to tell what type they are when we send out samples" and I said "I think I can stamp something on these and make them cute" and he said "ok, let me know what you come up with"...so I grabbed a handful and I made a tag!
Now, I am not sure what you do with tags and it's not very shabby because that is super hard for me but I think it's pretty cute for a 1st try...

My tag uses Gratitude=Joy and the October Kit of the Month:

Next out of the ordinary creation I made is this mini pizza box. I STINK at measuring things so this is a HUGE accomplishment for me!! I was chatting with my friend Frances when I was making it so she was there for moral support! She kept me calm and told me to just breathe, thanks Frances!!
I used the September Kit of the Month and all SU! papers and embelishments to make it and my daughter has already confiscated it because she loves the names on the Lord on it and the font they are in (awesome job Patter!!):
And my final creation for today is a card using the newly released today kit called Fall Festival!
I used this weeks SCS Sketch Challenge for my layout:
This week Angela has chosen Operation Iraqi Children as the Hip Hop charity that you can make a donation to! This is a wonderfual cause that I hope you will support, just click HERE to make a difference.

The fabulous and oh so organized Patter is your next stop on the Hop!!!

I'll be back tomorrow with another Friday Fun Challenge!!!
Hope to see you here!!!

HIP HOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. - Don't you want to "follow me"?? (look to the right;))

49 comments:

  1. OMGosh, all your projects are awesome, but that tag so ROCKS! I wish I could do stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that tag!!!! And your turkeys are so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous projects Jimmi! Love those turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll follow you!!!
    I LOVE all your cards today (hmmm...I guess that applies to every single time I look at your stuff though!)
    I especially love the tag.
    SUPER duper job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tag is absolutely amazing!! All your cards are!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects & I really love that crazy looking turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your turkeys look like they are dancing off the card, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the embossing on your turkey card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course I want to follow you. I only have 6 followers. I feel kind of lost. Okay, the tag is gorgeous. I love it, and think you should do more. I don't really know what to do with them either, but it's cute. Happy Hip Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute, Jimi! :) Love those turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWZA, Jimmi!! I'm surprised your DD didn't take all three samples! Love them ALL!! You're amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh! You have some hip hoppin MOJO going on with your projects. They are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! These all are so fantastic, I LOVE that tag, it so awesome! and the little pizza box, too cute! Those turkeys are just too adorable, another 'gotta have it'! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you do such gorgeous layering!!!! SUCH GORGEOUS LAYERING!!!! I love that you also use so much texture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah on the measuring!!! I'm so measuring challenged!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your creations are beautiful!! Love how the tag looks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jimmi, these are so cute! Love the cards, the tag, and the TURKEYS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you kidding!? That tag is amazing! I love all of your creations-the SU paper is so pretty and the embossing on your turkey card is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love how you tried something new! amazing creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jimmi, I Love your tag and cards! Beautiful work, girl! I am already a "follower".... lol :) HIP HOP!
    ~Chelsea
    http://hapemome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh love the cards - love the second one especially!! Great great - happy early birthday too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh, your stuff is awesome! I love the shabby tag!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful shabby, beautiful box, and cute-cute turkeys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Girl, you are rocking the projects! I LOVE that tag!!! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  25. That tag is just awesome, and I'm lovin' your mini pizza box-adorable, not to mention your cutie turkeys! You go girl!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  26. fantastic!!!! LOVE UNITY, HIP HOP!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't know what you're talking about??? Absolutely nothing here looks like a first time ANYthing!!! Awesome pizza box.......I will have to be brave and try that!!! And adorable tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous!

    (christine Jensen at SCS)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think your tag came out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the tag! That isn't what you did for work though, is it? Your pizza box turned out cute, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love all your ideas today - especially the pizza box.

    ReplyDelete
  32. CUTE tag and cards Jimmi! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love this project. This blog hop is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such amazing stuff, girlie! I can't even pick a favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Jimmi!!! Your stuff ROCKS girl!! Love the tag and the christmas card is GORGEOUS!! those tukeys make me laugh!! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fabulous projects! All of them! I especially love the shabbiness of your first one....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  37. yahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jimmi .... you did a great job on your pizza box ... guess we both uploaded on the same day LOL! (kind of). Love all your other creations too... and look at the right hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Jimmi, that tag is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Kudos to you for crafting out of your comfort zone!!! I can totally relate to stinking at measuring (I'm much more of an eyeballer, but get frustrated when things don't turn out the way I want). Your tag is fabulous!!!!! I love your pizza box!!!! And your American Thanksgiving card rocks with all of its great design details!!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!