Monday, November 3, 2008

VOTE TOMORROW

It's my civic duty as a MIDDLE CLASS, anti-partial birth abortion, tax paying American citizen to share with you what has me so pissed off this morning I can barely see straight.

If you don't want to possibly hate me, just stop reading now!

If I knew Columbia University professor Rashid Khalidi or William C. Ayers, I wouldn't be allowed, as an *average* American citizen, to even get a passport, let alone a government job...but I could be the President of the United States???

And I'm not even saying if I were *friends* with them or casual acquaintances...just if I KNEW them, ever... or if my parents knew them or were associated with them.
And even if these "used to be" terrorists weren't terrorists anymore...I still can guarantee you that I wouldn't be allowed to work for the government, I guarantee it.

And if my former Pastor said blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America...do you honestly think I'd be granted government security???

What affords someone the right to bypass our normal security measures set in place to protect our country?? Support from every meaningless celebrity, more money than the other guy, total and complete arrogance????? What?????

Does anyone remember September 11th?????
I remember every single second of that day like it was yesterday, what I was wearing, what I ate for breakfast, what the traffic was like...everything! And I know what our soldiers have died for and if I were one of their mothers/fathers/sisters/brothers I sure as hell wouldnt want America to tuck their tail between their legs and run home letting my son/brothers death to be for nothing!! Am I comfortable with someone running our country who was mentored, dedicated a book to, someone that said the US is to blame for the attacks that day? HELL NO!

And I'm really pissed off about some stupid commercial I heard on the radio this morning by some Union group that I can't remember the name of (they gave the web address but I'm sure my mouth was hung open so widely that I missed it! I called the radio station to find out and left a message...) saying basically that if you don't vote for Obama you are a racist! This is getting out of hand here people. This commercial this morning must have used the word "prejudice" 10 times in 30 seconds!

Oh and flipping to BET this weekend during some music awards show I saw some of the award recipients saying "vote black"...WTH? If you are voting because of someone's color then you are the racist one and the ignorant one...do we want anyone to vote for someone, no matter what their beliefs because of their color?
If you're white, I don't want you to vote for John McCain for that reason alone! And how racist would I look if I went on TV and said "vote white"?????????? Seriously, give me a freaking break here.

AS LONG AS YOUR REASON IS A GOOD ONE AND AN EDUCATED ONE, PLEASE VOTE TOMORROW. DON'T VOTE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE DOING IT, PLEASE!!

If you are not decided yet...read this: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122567508079392051.html?mod=todays_us_opinion

Ok, I'm done and I warned you.

I promise next time you come back i'll talk all about stamping and happy things....

16 comments:

  1. You said it! Ditto! Just quit playing the the "card", right? I love it that you feel free to voice your feelings, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are certainly a lot of people who agree with your sentiments. My husband believes the entire election is based on "fear". Bottom line, it is just another election. I vote regarding one issue, abortion, as no one has the right to terminiate a life. I also believe in a balanced government (no party completely dominating). So this pretty much dictates my vote. Happy Voting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you had your morning invaded by gormless oxygen thieves! I can't wait until Super Tuesday is over so everyone can vote and we can get on with Super Every Day with no more campaigning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Amen, and Amen!! I'll definitely be praying HARD tonight and tomorrow for a favorable outcome. Obama *seriously* scares me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree! I don't understand how so much got swept under the carpet. It's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my prayers are with Senator Obama today on the loss of his grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, I hear ya...I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday and I am ashamed to say I'm afraid my state is voting for a under-qualified, smooth talking, anti-american. Let's hope and pray that God finds a way to guide us all...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Jimmi! Proud to be an American- express your first ammendment right! Love it (and I'm TOTALLY with you!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go girl....My thoughts exactly...How can anyone with his history and contacts be even considered.....beyond me.
    debbim

    ReplyDelete
  10. I appreciate and agree with your honesty!!! So tired of the media and Hollywood telling us what to think!! Thank you.

    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely agree with every thing you've stated. Too bad the average citizen doesn't seem to either know or care about these issues. They'll certainly never learn about them through the mainstream media, that's for sure. I'm praying that God has mercy on America!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I'd seen this sooner, I couldn't agree with you more. It should be an interesting time, unfortunately. Politics frustrate me greatly, there are so many people out there that hate America, and our president-elect has sat under the influence of one for 20+ years. You've got to be kidding me! Okay, back to happy things!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!