Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Fun Challenge #19

Sherry is our challenge hostess today!

Her challenge is to make a Valentine for a friend, non-romantic.
I got my new Papercrafts magazine yesterday in the mail and found this cool layout by Julie Ebersole. Looks easy enough right? Well, it took me over an hour to make one skinny little card...needless to say cutting at an angle is not my forte...but I got it done...then smudged the white ink...then redid it and smudged the white ink again...then said "too bad!" and took the picture anyway...this is what I get for stepping out of my cozy comfort zone ;)

Stamps: Love Songs by PTI
Cardstock: Kraft, Stampers Select White, Dark Chocolate by PTI and Pretty in Pink by SU!
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink by SU!; Snow White by PTI

Check out the Friday Fun girls cards here:

Sherry - Stamping When I'm Not Working

Kim - Papertastic Creations

Kath - Blame it on the Mojo

Sara - Expressions of a Creative Mind

We'd love to see what you make this week so use the keyword FFC19 if uploading to SCS or link your blog here!! Can't wait to check you out!!
Have a great day...TGIF!!

11 comments:

  1. Well, it turned out very cute even with your troubles. I know how tough it is to work with white ink. Love that design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that card too and thought it was adorable. Great job on your version as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh girl! Your card is fantastic...just where is that white smudged...I can't see it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, for all your troubles, this card turned out fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable Jimmi, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really adorable, Jimmi! Good job with that layout- it turned out GREAT! I don't see any smudges either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its adorable...smudge or no smudge! I love it, glad you stepped out of your zone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job!! Cutting at an angle is so not my thing either. Your card is just too cute though!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I made a card last night (actually a money/check holder) with the same exact layout from PC mag! I don't often participate in sketch challenges, but I might have to make another one for Valentine's with this same layout. You are not the only one...I had a problem cutting at an angle myself. I also did not realize that this is our very own Julie's layout - an even better bonus!

    - Alma =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Jimmi! I left you something on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!