Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holiday Challenge Extravaganza #13

I am STILL playing with this stinking camera and taking tons of crappy pictures! I am very annoyed at this point and may have to give up and return it and go back to my 7 year old Kodak EasyShare...obviously new technology isn't my thing:(

Enough complaining and onto the card I made that is pretty cute IRL just not in this crappy picture!

This is for Jenn's Holiday Extravaganze Challenge: HCE13 to use things we have been hoarding or *saving* as we like to call it!Items used that I have been *saving*:
I used some older SU! DSP called Uptown. I thought it was from the last SU! catalog but it isn't in there so it must be from the one before that one...and I just opened it today.
I used Soft Subtles, Almost Amethyst Craft Ink and I have never used any of those ink spots...
I also used ribbon from SU! that is in a pack called Sherbet, which is rather old and I just opened it up, too...
Then I used Daisy Days, a kit from Unity Stamp Company that I just had to have months ago that got shuffled to the bottom of the pile...poor stamp set.
The words in the center of the daisy are from a new kit called This is the Time. I cut the stamp in it, that is a strip of words, in half and stacked them on top of each other so I could make it into a circle. If I need it back in a line I can just arrange it back that way on my acrylic handle!

In other news, besides the camera I got that I don't know how to use, I got a sewing machine for Christmas from Rachel, the Singer Pixie Plus, and I don't know how to use it either! I have it out of the box and I plugged it in and I made it do some stuff with the thread that came already threaded that is orange...but now how do I put white thread in it?? Or any other color?? How do I get the spools on white thread I have onto the little spooly thing that goes on the other thingy???

I called Singer but they are having a holiday today...maybe tomorrow I can figure it out?? Maybe the sweet, older neighbor across the street knows how to work sewing machines and I should ask her over for *tea* ;) Or maybe, even with detailed instructions & pictures that I have read 10 times, I am just not smart enough to use a sewing machine...yeah, that's probably the answer!!

Isn't it nice to be able to laugh at yourself??

HAPPY NEW YEAR {again!}

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having so many problems with your new toys - that picture isn't too bad, though. don't give up yet. :) Your card is really, really cute! I wish I cold help you with the sewing machine but I have no idea how to work those things. I barely passed home-ec in the sewing class.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww don't give up Jimmi! Everything has a learning curve. As for the sewing machine - I got one earlier this year and didn't have a clue how to thread the bobbin, etc. even after I read the instructions a million times. So you know what I did? Googled it and found some YouTube videos with demonstrations and that helped a ton. YouTube is your friend! ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmi-
    Go on Gina K's blog. She has a tutorial for the Janome Sew Mini, but pretty much every sewing machine loads up the same so you may be able to follow the directions for yours. It's SUPER simple to follow with great photos. I just got a sewing machine for Christmas too and was about to throw it out the window because it frustrated me, then I found Gina's blog and all is well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!