Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hip Hop to May Day!

Hi everyone!!!!!
Glad you joined me today! If you havent started at the Unity Stamp Company blog you really NEED to! That's the beginning of the blog hop and the place to find out about all the great Unity specials for today!!

Today we are celebrating May Day a day to celebrate our friends!!

Let me tell you about my best friend...I am thinking a lot of you know her pretty well and already know how fabulous and sweet and beautiful she is but I am going to tell you again!

My best friend Sherry is the kind of person that ALWAYS knows when I am down and need to be cheered up and always knows what to do...just this week I got a gorgeous card in the mail from her...and we live 2 miles apart...but she knows I am having a hard time and needed to smile and knew just what to do! I'm pretty lucky huh?
And since Sherry knows that this week has been a bad one for me but also had some of the best things happen....all in the same week....mind boggling.....she would say "Jimmi, don't stress out over making a card, just relax!" because she loves me like that and she KNOWS me.

So, I sat for HOURS this week at my stamping table and stared at paper, ink, ribbon, stamps, buttons and couldn't make my mind relax. I even woke up 1 whole hour early today before I had to go to work and sat at the same table staring at paper, ink, ribbon, stamps, buttons....

So I only have one 90% completed project to show you today...but my best friend Sherry would totally understand and we would go to The Melting Pot tonight and drink some fancy drinks and eat and take our minds off of our problems...which is exactly what we are doing tonight!!

That's how these best friends roll.

Since May Day is all about giving your friends pretty May Day baskets full of flowers BUT my best friend loves butterflies...I made her this butterfly basket which if it had been a "normal" week would have some flowers in it and candy and be totally adorable ;)

I used Butterfly Beauty. The butterflies are covered in Crystal Effects and soooo shiny!

And this would be a completed card for Sherry.........

On which I was using the brand new adorable kit FLORAL FRIENDS that I have been dying to use...and then this week happened, but there is always next week right??

Now hop over to BROOKE'S blog where I am sure you will find projects totally gorgeous and 100% completed for your viewing pleasure!!

AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE HUGEST MOST GINORMOUS BLOG HOP EVER THIS SATURDAY!! IT'S GOING TO BE SO AMAZING AND INSPIRATIONAL, YOU WONT WANT TO MISS OUT!


29 comments:

  1. Even uncompleted, your work is just great! Hope you & Sherry enjoy your evening together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{Hugs}} Jimmi! I'm glad you have a great friend to help you through your "rough" week!!! Hope all is well with you! Great bucket and I'm sure your card will be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww hugs Jimmi! Sherry IS an amazing friend and you are lucky to have her! AMAZING butterflies!! Love them shiny!! Great card no matter what stage it is in, love this new set!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The butterfly basket and card are adorable Jimmi! And you and Sherry are so lucky to have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. {{{{Jimmi}}}}
    I think they're already great. What a fabulous tribute to a friend. Have a great time at the Melting Pot - and enjoy the chocolate fondue a little extra for me, please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For being unfinished they sure look great! Sometime my finished projects aren't this good. Next week will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh... that set of flowers is such a tempting stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous projects even if it isn't completed. Great BF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for your lousy week! Your work is just beautiful even though it's unfinished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. {{{{Hugs}}}} coming your way! Hang in there. Your projects look wonderful so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of us have weeks when finishing a project is a trial, so you're just being honest! Love the butterfly stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jimmi, I know you aren't big on hugging, so I am sending you a big high five and wishing things get better for you. Hopefully those drinks, the melting pot, and your friends make you feel 100 times better! I love your card and basket even if you say they aren't finished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, what a beautiful gift, and so springy. I love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! Remember, sometimes "less is more" and your butterflies are gorgeous! A clean simple card is also awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We all have those weeks where creativity doesn't flow due to too much life stuff getting in the way. Projects turned out great anyway

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhh Jimmi...your such a sweet friend to Sherry! I'm sorry I haven't left you any comments lately...my computer is wayyy tooo sloowww and it takes an extra ten minutes sometimes to add one in, but i just had to tell you today that I felt so happy for you and Sherry. Also you have amazing projects every week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful projects Jimmi.

    Isn't it nice to have such a wonderful friend. >:0) Beautiful picture of Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Friends, don't you just love them! I am so glad that you have Sherry, especially at this time. It sounds like things are trying for you. I hope they resolve themselves quickly, or at the very least, you have a wonderful time with you best friend tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful, cards and projects. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your butterflies are beautiful and the beginnings of your card is very pretty, too! Relax and enjoy your friend and the creative juices will flow again. I imagine they already have! Thanks for being real!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your butterfly basket is gorgeous, your uncompleted project is amazing, but you and your BFF are absolutely gorgeous! Have fun tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the idea of a butterfly basket. Way to think outside the "basket." Awesome job on the butterflies.

    Praying that this coming week will be a sunshine week and not a cloudy day week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooo, fantastic stuff this week girl, that butterfly basket is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The basket is too cute. Happy May Day. Jill S

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!