Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Love These Scissors!

I wanted to share with y'all these fabulous scissors I got at Joann's. They are by Tonic Studios and they are pink, 8.5 inch, model #486.

I bought them for a couple of reasons, they were on sale for 50% off (came to $4.99), they are pink, I love my Tonic tabletop trimmer and I needed some scissors that are ribbon dedicated instead of using my SU! paper snips for ribbon when they should be used for paper.

Here they are:
And here is a picture of all different kinds of ribbon I cut with them. I cut the ribbon on Sunday night and put it all in a little baggie and none of it has frayed at all!

I have sheer, grosgrain, twill, felt, lace, wide, narrow, taffeta, satin...every kind I could think of.
I cut some straight across and some at an angle. One the So Saffron 5/8 in. ribbon I even sliced it down the center into 2 pieces and that didn't even fray!
Here's the problem...........I cannot find anywhere online that sells them. They aren't even on the Tonic website...wierd huh? Maybe they are really new and just not out in lots of places yet. This was a brand new, HUGE Joann that I got them from that was having their grand opening but maybe they are at your local Joann store and you can get them too!!

That's all for now. I hope you have a great day!
If I don't see you before then, I will see you Thursday....this Hip Hop you certainly won't want to miss!!!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I'm in need of some new ribbon scissors BIG TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like they cut through all of that ribbon beautifully! I'll be stopping at Joann's tomorrow...crossing my fingers that they will carry them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the scissors at my JoAnns Craft ETC store.

    00 dalis

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!