Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hero's Hip Hop!

Today's Hip Hop is all about the heroes of the world! I truly hope you find inspiration along the way, this week and every week...

When I think about a hero I think of someone that sacrifices for others, that is a role model to those around them and wants the best for the world they live in...that's my personal definition of what a hero is to me.

Who is my hero? My dad, Ralph, is my hero...No one I know has sacrificed more for me or for those in the world he lives in...in my eyes. He served our country for 31 years in the Navy, spent every 6 months for at least 15 years away from his family so other families could have freedom and live their lives the way they wanted to...he represented the US overseas in more countries than I know the name of...and did all of it willingly, gladly and proudly. I have never in all my years heard him complain about anything, even now as his own hero, his dad, my papa, is dying of cancer he just keeps on going to see him and taking care of him and reassures us all that everything will be alright and that we just need to spend time with him while we can and be thankful for the time we have had with him.

If anything gets him down he doesn't let it slow him down and he never takes it out on anyone...and all of that is a "hero" to me.

I hope you will take the time to thank the heroes around you today and all year long...

I think this card will do great for a "thank you" to the heroes out there!I used Stars of Worn on the panels and the tricycle is from Everyday Adorable and I have to tell you that my husband said that is his favorite stamp...it definitely made him smile :)
Hope it makes you smile, too!
Now it's time to hop over to ***MAREN'S*** blog and see what fabulousness she has for you to see!!!
Hip Hop!

32 comments:

  1. I love that picture! The card is beautiful. I see that you took AJ to heart and changed our patriotic colors to include KRAFT!! BOBL!
    Your card does remind me of a 5 For Fighting song. Thanks for putting our military at the top of your list. ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh beautiful picture and beautiful card!! Your father IS a hero! thanks to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture of you and your dad. Love your card and the colors rock. Thanks for this inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like how you mixed the 2 differeent colors of ink with the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like your card and story...my prayers go out to your family and especially for dad. Love the 2 different layers of stars one in blue and other in red

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dad definitely sounds like the kind of man that all men should aspire to be. I'm so sorry to hear about your papa. Cancer sucks. It's taken two of my friends this year, but both have donated their bodies to research in hopes that a cure will be found.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that picture is gorgeous!! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jimmi, that's the best picture EVER! I love it!

    Cute card too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another tear-jerker! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow.. Jimmi.. you sure know how to make a girl tear right up.. first off that picture is absolutely amazing of the 2 of you.. second.. thank you to your Dad for serving our country, I am forever grateful. Third, I am so sorry to hear that your Papa is sick {hugs}

    and last.. that card is absolutely fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that little bicycle! What a cute card. And a great photo of you and your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful picture and story... your father is definitely a hero. We are thankful for all that he has done. Adorable card....I am lovin that tricycle too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful card, its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow 6 months a year for sooo many years! You're a hero too for sharing your dad so we could all enjoy our freedom!!! Great picture and the card is super cute. I already ordered a bunch today but I have to find that little tricycle next time!! It's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your card. lOoks like you are already on board with AJ's revolution to change the colors to red, kraft, and blue! looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A HUGE thank you to your dad (and your family) for his service all these years!!! Thanks for sharing with us about your hero and your card is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the card--I do think "Everyday Adorable" is going to have to find its way to my house--that tricycle is too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a cute card, it's perfect.. love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that card! And those stars are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome tribute to your dad. Cute card

    ReplyDelete
  21. how fun is your card..loving kraft cardstock right now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful picture... and Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. that's a beautiful picture! and a wonderful card! I always miss Hip Hop but I enjoy reading your posts and seeing your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jimmi
    what neat Ideal Love it hotwheels

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!