Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hip Hop Out of School!!

Today's Hip Hop is all about the end of the school year!
We are showing you gifts and cards for all of the teachers out there!

Since Rachel is a Junior in HS we really don't do teacher gifts or anything like that...she said "no one does that"...so I asked her about her favorite teacher Ms. Parker and if she'd like to give her a gift this year and she said "YES, great idea!"...PHEW....or I would have had to make up a pretend teacher to give this to ;)


Rachel said her teacher is a "girly girl" and "really pretty" and "totally cool"....so I made her something that I would love someone to make for me...:

I used the kits Confession and Butterfly Beauty on this little wall hanging.

The base is a 4x6 canvas that you paint on. I painted it with pink paint and then stamped on it with brown ink to make it look distressed a bit...I wrapped wide brown ribbon around the edge to cover the staples and added the piece of pink lace ribbon to hang it by. All paper I used is from Basic Grey.

I think those words are PERFECT for a teacher and for one as wonderful as Rachel thinks Ms. Parker is! I really hope she likes it and I hope YOU do too!!

Now it's time to Hop over to **KIMBER's** blog and see what FABulousness she has for you today!!


46 comments:

  1. ooooh, Jimmi! this is gorgeous! What a fantastic gift idea! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! Love it... it's gorgeous.. u continue to inspire me all the time gf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty Jimmi! I am sure she would love it! I know I would!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- this is GREAT!! I am sure Rachel's teacher will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous!!! Lucky teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet she will love it Jimmi, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jimmi I love your card! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure Ms. Parker will think this is really cool...Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome Jimmi! She will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful wall hanging, great idea--I'll have to remember this one! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just breath taking and she will love this awesome gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! Can't believe my oldest is headed to Jr.High in the fall...yikes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhhh, it's fabulous!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Jimmi, This is absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jimmi, I love your wall hanger and I am sure Ms Parker will too! The distressing looks great and so do the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE that project--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always ohhh and ahhhh over your stuff...no exception today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so pretty! I'd like to make a few of those to dress up my temporary office at work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a Lovely gift for the teacher ~ she should be overjoyed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jimmi this is gorgeous!! I'm sure her teacher will just adore this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great project! Any teacher would adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very SWEET! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous Jimmi! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. how pretty and what a nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Saw this on SCS and LOVED it!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jimmi!!

    I LOVE LOVE IT..... I am in all what can say but Awsome!!! hotwheels

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh WOW! This is really pretty! Great idea! (and funny story! LOL! gotta love teenagers!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Funny story..and beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!