Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hip Hop for Father's

Today's Hip Hop is all about Dad's!

I used some stamps that might not normally be for a Father's Day card but they are perfect for my dad so that's what really matters right? It's always fun to use stamps for occasions they aren't meant for!

My 1st card uses the exclusive set, only available at Making Memories Crafts, called Unity in America. Since my dad is a military man I can ALWAYS use this set for lots of occasions, Father's Day being one of them and he is my hero :)

I also used Stars of Worn and Worn Grid

My sketch is this weeks SCS SKetch Challenge!


The next card uses Old Skool Ride and a sentiment from the June Kit of the Month Perfect in Every Way.
This is a special card for my dad that I am going to send him this week.
1st of all my dad is a REAL biker...has a biker name, is in the biker club, has a cool vest with patches and all that, lol....
2nd, my papa (his dad) passed away on Tuesday and I think that this card will let my dad know I am thinking about him and how much I love him and the sentiment is so perfect for this time and situation right now.
Well, I hope you like what I made for you to see. It was GREAT to get back to stamping again after a week away from it.

Be sure to check out the Unity Stamp Company blog for all the important details and specials.

Now it's time to HOP over to **HEATHER'S BLOG**.

See you at Hip Hop!

39 comments:

  1. Oh I am so jealous that you got to play with the Unity in America stamps! I am stalking my mailman for my set! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, I hope your dad loves them.

    Sorry to hear about your PaPa, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. My hubby & his dad are bikers too so I love that one. I'm sorry for the loss of your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards Jimmi. Hugs to you and your family. ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry about your papa! Your cards are amazing, as always. Love the patriotic kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are truly fantastic and they are perfect for your Dad. I know he will love it and appreciate your love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! This is the first card I've seen with the Patriotic set... and I LOVE what you've done with it! Your motorcycle card is PERFECT too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jimmi, I'm really sorry to hear about your Papa!

    I think your cards are "perfect in everyway"!!! LOVE both of them!!! Your dad will love it! :)

    Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry your Papa passed away. I am sure your Dad will love and appreciate the card! Both of these cards are fabulous Jimmi! :) *shock* you used eyelets. I didn't think anyone uses them anymore! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Great memorial colors,and that biker card ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect cards Jimmi! hugs to you again sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both great. My dad would love the motorcycle card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards Jimmi! Giant hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry about your papa. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jimmi, I love your red white & blue card- it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice job!
    thanks for the inspiration!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear about your papa. You are all in my prayers. Your dad will love the cards! They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am SOOOO so sorry to hear about your Papa. Many hugs, dear lady.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards Jimmi!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome manly man cards. I just love the flag in the vase and that bike rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. great cards jimmi! Sorry to hear of your loss, I am sure that biker card will brighten your dad's day. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab cards! Sorry about papa. I know your dad will love his card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both cards are great - I love how much texture you packed in on the one-layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards!!! I'm so sorry about the loss of your papa and I'm sure our dad will LOVE his card!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How FUN!! Love the one on Kraft...so simple yet so striking! GREAT job

    ReplyDelete
  26. They are both perfect for a very special man.

    ReplyDelete
  27. love them both, we all missed u Jimmi! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  28. They are both great but I really love that second one!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your motorcycle card is super cool!! I know lots of folks who would love to have that waiting for them in the mail!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!