Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Fun and Friends With Flair!

I didn't make a card, YAY! I am so proud of myself, y'all just don't know!
I am so afraid of things that are not cards, this was quite an adventure:)

Today the Friday Fun girls are making boxes/bags/stuff that isn't a card....

For my project I used this Scor-Pal tutorial and altered it a little bit to make it bigger so it would fit the stamp set I wanted to use and made a tea light holder for Christmas.

I used Bright and Merry Winter Wishes on all 4 sides.
**sorry I don't have a pic of it lit up but it's really pretty...I took about 50 pics of it in the dark and just couldn't make it look right**

Here's the front:
One of the sides, I gold embossed the ornament and colored it with markers on the inside:
Other side, I white embossed the snowflake:
Swirly word stamp on the back:
Well, what do you think??
I am so happy with this little project and it was SO easy to do!!

If you want to play along with the Friday Fun Challenge (and we would love it if you did) just use keyword FFC54 when you upload to SCS so we can find your bag, box or container.

Check out the rest of the Friday Fun team:
Sherry
Kimme
Sara

Make sure you get to the Unity Stamp Co. blog to see all the Friends With Flair players and find out how to win 25 Unity stamps for finding the hidden Unity blinkie on one of the Friends With Flair blogs today!!

If you are looking for something FUN to do there is a Mini VSN on Splitcoast going on Saturday with some fabulous challenges, I am sure you'll love!! Check it out!


Have a great day!!

37 comments:

  1. I love it and I am sooo proud of you too! That is a great project and sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Fabulous! You did a great job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- All I ever make are cards...I need to step outside the box:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stinkin' cute is this?! Awesome project, Jimmi! TGIF indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really cute; congrats on getting out of your comfort zone!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge & super example

    ReplyDelete
  7. A-DOR-A-ABLE!!! And why you don't like boxed I don't understand because you rocked this babe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic project Jimmi! You did a great job! Love the bright red Christmas colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My Gosh! Too cute, what a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project! It looks adorable. I may have to break out of the "card only" box after reading your post today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE IT! Beautiful! I may have to give that one a try! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute project Jimmi, I love the different stamps you used on the 4 sides.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is GREAT! What a fun and pretty project. I will have to try this one for SURE. This will be a big hit at Christmas time! Love it Jimmi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spectacular tea light holder Jimmi! And wouldn't this make such a cute gift?!! LUV it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! What a cute idea. I just bought this stamp set myself and am using it on altered candles for Christmas... Might have to try a tea light holder too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jimmi that is so cool I like the snow flake side. I would never thought this! look super!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OME Jimmi!!! Way to step out of your comfort zone... This is just stunning!! All the work and detail that went into this...Absolutely beautiful work!! You rocked the challenge!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super Cute box!! It's stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Great job! It's always fun to step out of your comfort zone! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love it! you should make non cards more often

    ReplyDelete
  21. I so know what you mean, Jimmi! I don't do many things that aren't cards. What an awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  22. yeah for you! looks great, Jimmi!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jimmi this gorgeous!! You should step out of your normal comfort zone more often... the results are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!