Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesdays with Vellum

Hi everyone!!

Today's Jacksonbelle Tuesday challenge is to use vellum!

I don't really know if I've ever used vellum on a card, if I have it was so long ago I forgot but this card was quite fun to make!

At 1st I just stared at the piece of vellum and thought I would have to use brads or maybe I should emboss it with my Cuttlebug...but then I had the idea (which I am sure is not an original one, lol!!) to stamp on it and try to color on it, so I did and then I decided to stamp and color on a piece of white cardstock and see if I could see the color through the vellum and so on and so forth and this is what I came up with. Stamping for me, sometimes, is a process...a long and unnecessarily drawn out one ;)

Hope you like what I made:)

The stamps I used are from Inkadinkado.

I did figure out something exciting on this vellum adventure! The top edges of the vellum needed to be held down somehow and brads wouldn't work so I put a tiny dot of Mono-Multi in the corner just to see if it would hold and not show through and it worked!! So I put a little on all of the corners and some at the bottom under the words. It dried totally clear and you can't see it at all!

For more inspiration be sure to check out the blogs of the rest of the Jacksonbelle Rockstars:

Tobi Crawford ~ Tobi’s Place

Stephanie Hargis ~ Steph’s Stampin’ Stuff

Bethany Paull ~ It’s Not All Black & White

Michelle Philippi ~ Inside My Own Private Idaho

Carly Robertson ~ Paper in Bloom

Shemaine Smith ~ Scraptastic

Lynda Benden: Stamp Act

Jill Dunn: Ink Genious

Lindsey Botkin: Embellished

Trudee Sauer: Follow Your Bliss

Heather Lee-Reppen: The Best in Life

Keri Lee Sereika: Pink Lemonade

Thanks for stopping by today!!


10 comments:

  1. WOW! This is gorgeous! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Jimmi! This is so beautiful. I wished you happy birthday on Facebook yesterday but it prob got lost in all the posts LOL. Hope you had a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card- and that is great to know about the mono multi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks amazing, great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jimmi. Now if only I could find my vellum pack because this is SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty and love the 2 layered coloring thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so fabulous!! You totally rocked the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Jimmi! Love the different intensities of color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome Jimmi! I love how you used the vellum, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Jimmi! Love the button accents.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!