Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Another CAS CPS Card!

I hope you don't mind another card made using this weeks CPS Sketch ?? It's just such a FAB sketch! I couldn't resist!

I am also CRAZY for Valentine's Day cards and I really wanted to use my new Papertrey Ink paper and make one of those adorable paper flowers I've been seeing all over the net:
The stamp is from Savor the Journey, the Jan. Unity Kit of the Month!

For my flower I used the PTI patterned paper punched out with my SU! scallop punch, I spritzed the scallops with water so they'd be soft and look worn when they dried (they actually look like fabric in real life!). I smooshed them up and set them aside to dry...then I got impatient so I took them to the bathroom and used my blow dryer to speed up the drying (my heat tool would have been too hot to hold them in my hand and dry!), then I just un-smooshed them and sewed them together with a needle and some twine and a button and viola! EASY! and CUTE!

Have a GREAT DAY!

Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

  1. Wow- this is gorgeous!! I love the paper flower...I need to (try to) make one of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome, Jimmi. I'm definitely going to try to make the flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a cute flower! Love this card!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for flowers - I love it! Fab card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your flower, will definitely give this a go, papers beautiful.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute cute cute!! Love that sweet flower accent!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. I love the flower.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhh... love that flower, and the papers, and the sentiment... love it all! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card. I love the paper flower idea, will definitely have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Card!! Love the flower, will have to try that technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! I love your flower. I've been making paper ones, but must try a fabric one soon, it looks great :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here is a technique not known to many to help you save when shopping for flowers. Most people head down to the local flower shop when shopping for wedding flowers and grab the first deal that someone gives them.




    sympathy flowers

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!