Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Fun & Flair Time!

{blog candy HERE...ending tomorrow!}

Happy Friday! Phew, what a looooong week....glad it's over and I can relax for the next 2 days, I love weekends...I love Friday's, too because they start the party :D

Friday's also bring the fabulous Friends With Flair blog hop! You can find the entire list of blogs on the Unity Stamp Co. Blog!

This week's Friday Fun Challenge is from Sara and she has challenge us, in honor of her parents 43rd Anniversary, to make an Anniversary card with a traveling theme....sounded a little difficult at 1st but when I got the new Pirate Madness kit it became very easy!

Bet you would have NEVER guessed this was once a pirate ship!!! I just did some paper piecing to cover the scary pirate skulls and viola...it's a love ship! ;)

I used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch: MTSC55
The paper is from Pink Paislee

Make sure you see what the rest of the Friday Fun team came up with:
Christi
Sara
Kimme
Sherry


I'll be picking my Blog Candy winner tomorrow...as soon as I wake up...I'm estimating that to be around 9:30am, 10:00am ish...I like to sleep!

See you then!


28 comments:

  1. jimmi...this is fantabulous! i love that paper-pieced image, the dp, the color combo...LOVE IT ALL, SISTAH!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an awesome job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such super funness! LOVE the paper piecing! Just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pirate ship- it is soo cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used the pirate ship for this. LOVE it! smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh..I love it! Great colors, layout, paper piecing, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute the colors just make this card

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute - hearts instead of skulls :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and what a great way to think "out of the box" with that Pirate Ship.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun bright card Jimmi! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a fun and fabulous card. I love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so creative....I love this card! And, since you said 'love ship'...all of a sudden the 'love boat' theme popped into my head...oh my. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Perfect for an anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card. I am always drawn to paper piercing and one of these days, I might just try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is SO SUPER cute! I love the dp you used for the sails. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the way you turned a pirate ship into a "love boat." Oh, no--I just made myself sound very old because I can remember that show and sing the theme song. :-) Great card and hope you have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great transformation of the pirate ship into the Love Boat!! Cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jimmi - lovin' the paper pieced sail boat...just darlin' in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So darn stinkin' cute! Love that Love Boat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea to expand the versatility of the cute pirate ship. argh-some. Sorry, couldn't resist. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!