Friday, February 26, 2010

Fairy Tale Friday!

It's Friday! That means lots of fun things....Friends With Flair and Friday Fun (not to mention no work for me the next 2 days!)!

For all of the Friends With Flair players, check out the Unity blog! And check out all the blogs to find the winning blinkie for the blog candy!

Today's Friday Fun Challenge is from Sherry and is to make a card based on our favorite Fairy Tale.
Mine happens to be The Princess and the Pea...I'm a little like that Princess especially when it comes to sleeping!

I found this picture of the Princess and the Pea and made a card with that in mind.

So I came up with this kind of crazy card..not sure if it even makes sense but it's what I came up with. The strips of patterned paper represent the bed and that sassy chick is the Princess...get it? And she's a diva so she's DIVALICIOUS!
OK, what do you think? Am I totally nuts or did my imagination run away to some crazy place? Lay it on me, I can handle it, LOL! :D

This sassy chick is from Girl of the Moment and is only available at a local or internet retailer listed on this page: Stores

Check out the rest of the Friday Fun chicks:
Sherry
Christi
Kimme
Sara

We would love for you to play with us- just use keyword FFC71 when uploading to your SCS gallery or link your card on one of our blogs!


See you tomorrow for another Oh Alice! Challenge!

Oh my, speaking of Oh Alice...I have a winner for my blog candy offer from last week...
Purple Princess said...

I just loved your elegant card! Gorgeous! I played along with the challenge on Oh Alice! Here is my card:
http://purpleprincesstara.blogspot.com/2010/02/oh-alice-challenge.html
February 23, 2010 11:13 PM

email me at jimmipm@msn.com with your mailing address...CONGRATS girl!


Oh, and don't forget that the VSN WINTER OLYMPICS is this weekend on SCS!

The hostesses are sure to have some great challenges lined up - and the official sponsor is SPELLBINDERS...yep, that means there are prizes from Spellbinders to be won!


22 comments:

  1. You are not crazy that is a great card. I get it. So if you are crazy so am I....ok, not a good argument there, but you still are not crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is cute- great job with the challenge!! And I didn't even know that Unity set existed. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVE the paper piecing of the image and the story inspiration! The princess & the pea is my favorite story from when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jimmi! Love your paper piecing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe...you little princess!!!! Love you, just the way you are! Your card is perfect for the inspiration!!! Love what you created! Have a fabulous weekend! Hugs, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card totally makes sense. I love the Princess and the Pea story and you really captured the feel of your inspiration piece as well.reporp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Jimmi! Just like your inspiration! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!! So pretty and the inspiration is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card totally made sense--no explanation necessary. It was really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jimmi, this it TOTALLY CUTE! I love all the pattern papers and her paper pieced clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jimmi, these are fabulous, fun cards, so love your Princess and the Pea, wonderful colours, you did make me giggle, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic card.. I just love these girls. and the fairytale one is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOH I just love the card. Too cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card! I love that sassy chick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the card and the inspiration. perfect! the strips of paper are so great together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! This is such an awesome take on that inspiration piece and the strips are perfect! I don't have this set but you're really making me want it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!