Friday, March 12, 2010

Oh Alice! CHAPTER 4: Picturing Wonderland

CHAPTER 4: Picturing Wonderland:
"Thus grew the tale of Wonderland:Thus slowly, one by one,Its quaint events were hammered out -And now the tale is done,And home we steer, a merry crew,
Beneath the setting sun.

Alice! a childish story take,And with gentle hand lay it were Childhood's dreams are twined. In Memory's mystic band,Like pilgrim's wither'd wreath of flowersPluck'd in a far-off land..."

We have another sketch Challenge today, this time brought to us by our very own Pam Varnell. Pam created this sketch JUST for the Oh, Alice! DT blog and it just reminds me of Wonderland itself!

and here is my interesting interpretation....
.
I used the *perfect for Alice* teacup from Unity and some unknown paper for my card.

We'd LOVE for you to plunge Down the Rabbit hole with us again this week!
All you have to do is upload your creation and link it using Mr. Linky on the Oh Alice! Blog!
The keyword this week for public galleries is OAC4.

Thanks for dropping by!

14 comments:

  1. Girl I just love your interesting interpretation (as you call it LOL) of the sketch. This is just gorgeous. Love it Jimmi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol.. love your "interesting take on the sketch" That tecup is just delightful.. mmm.. tea!! Love the browns - gorgeous papers and lovely spotted ribbon!!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutly LOVE what you have done for this challenge!! This teacup is so fabulous.
    Kristy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know tea is the official beverage of Wonderland, but this cup reminds me of a thick warm cup of chocolate...mmmm. I want to go swimming in warm chocolate. Beautiful card, Jimmi!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh that is one pretty teacup and card! I love the warm browns you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool teacup, it's so big. Great card, the browns make me think of my favorite thing - chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely the "perfect teacup"!! Beautiful card Jimmi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh this is beautiful!! I always forget about that teacup stamp, I think you've inspired me to go find it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is stunning, what an awesome design and perfect colour combo
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jimmi, this is so elegant. I love the ribbon tied onto the handle. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great image (as all Unity images are, of course) and I really like your color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Jimmi this is so elegant and beautiful!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this card! What a fantastic stamp that tea cup is! and your layout is gorgeous! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your interesting interpretatin of the sketch too, Jimmi :) What a fab stamp! I'm inching closer and closer to getting me some Unity soon ;)

    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!