Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Go-To Girl Maren's Sketch and I SEWED!

I got a Janome...YAY!

Here's a pic of the beauty, taken with my cell phone...sorry for the darkness!

Only took me an hour of watching videos and asking my Facebook friends to get it set up!

Then after a few practice runs on scrap paper I decided to try out Maren's Go-To Sketch on a real, live card!
Yay, me!
:D

Here's the card:

Stamps: Inside and Out.

Making this card, I think I did make a mistake. I used the smallest zig-zag stitch and that was too small, you can barely see it. And I went too close to the edge of the paper and it almost tore it in a few places where the stitch is so far on the edge of the paper...BUT it was FUN and that's really all that matters, right?

I can't wait to get home tonight to play some more!

Have a great day!


11 comments:

  1. It's NOT a mistake! It's DISTRESSED. And it's perfect!
    GOOD FOR YOU for DOING IT!! Super sweet card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one beautiful card. Congrats on that new beauty and you rocked that zig-zag stitch. Can't wait to see more of your amazing sewing. YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are seeing the world through a shiny new pair of Janome shades now, aren't you?!?! haha LOVE IT!!! Your card came out awesome and just wait you'll be changing those bobbins and switching thread colors *the thing I was MOST afraid of!* in NO time! LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great!!! Once you start sewing with that little sucker it's hard to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I have yet to sew...but you make it look fun! xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card.. can't wait to get that set!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card!! I think your stitching looks great - love the tiny zig-zag!! I love Maren's sketch I seriously need that book!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Jimmi!! Looking forward to seeing more of your sewing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is literally SEW CUTE!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE these colors you used...this is so adorable and I love that sentiment! So happy you have a new Janome to play with...yea, I'm jealous! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  11. AH its a beauty both the card and the sewing machine!
    I love your card, such a beautiful colour combo and the stitching is such a fab touch
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!