Friday, October 29, 2010

FFC & FWF Friday!

Happy Friday.
Today is a weird day here in my world.
It's Friday and y'all know I love that.
It's also the fun day that the girls at work dress up for Halloween and the boss takes us out to lunch and I love that.
But it's also the day that our President just called everyone to the board room to tell us that one of our co-workers wife is going to die today. The doctor says she may only make it a few more hours this morning.
Sorry to be such a downer, I'm usually not like that but today, I just can't keep it in.
His wife has had cancer for a few months, it's a bad one, very aggressive, I can't think of the name of it right now, she's 42 years old, has a 14 year old daughter and a 17 year old son and my heart is broken for them and her husband.
We all thought this latest type of chemo would work, we all had hope...I sent her the card I made yesterday for Hip Hop and now I'm afraid it will be so sad when her husband gets it in the mail and she's gone...
So while I sit here on the day that I usually love, I feel guilty that Mike and I still get to be together, that I get to be with Rachel every day, that I get to live a normal, healthy life and I have to wonder WHY?
I'll try to be more positive, but I just needed to say that and to feel these feelings for a moment...because after I post this I have to smile and answer the phone and be happy and laugh and act normal.

Here is what you came for :)
My card is for Friends With Flair and our Friday Fun Challenge this week. Christi challenges us to use chocolate images or chocolate colors...I am sure I must have some chocolate images somewhere but in my searching I couldn't find them so I used Brown and Kraft...chocolatey-ish, right?

Today's November KOM Sneak Peek:And my card using these stamps, that I made for Mike last night. It's a little plain but guys don't need ribbon and pearls, right? I think he like it :D
If you'd like to see the rest of the Friends With Flair participants you can check out the Unity Blog.

Here are the rest of the Friday Fun Challenge girls:
Christi
Kim
Kimme
Sara

and I'm a butterfly...for the day:
Hey, thanks for visiting and listening.

19 comments:

  1. You look stunning in that butterfly costume! Just lovely! Enjoy the holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry.....good thoughts for her family.

    That card is adorable, and I *love* that butterfly costume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry about your co-worker.

    your card is amazing. i'm sure he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your co-worker.

    Btw, your card is beautiful. I really want that stamp

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card. Your butterfly outfit ROCKS and I am sure sorry about your coworkers wife. Nothing anyone says makes it easier I know. I wish I could hug you though! That always helps me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing what is on your heart. Prayers for your co-worker and his family. The card for your dh is so sweet. Times like these make us so thankful for the days, years that we have together with our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jimmi so so sorry for your friend's family!! Cancer touches us all and it is so painful. One more reminder to pray for a cure everyday!

    Thanks for sharing this card today - adorable and sweet I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry. How painful for everyone. Positive thoughts for all of you and her family.

    Your card is gorgeous! I have GOT to pull this kit out and play this weekend and I ADORE your costume...so stinking cute! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one beautiful Butterfly Jimmi!! love your blue tights. and your card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing should make you feel guilty as long as you appreciate it and I KNOW how much you appreciate and love your DH and beautiful daughter. I am so sorry your day turned somber and know how it feels to just have your heart bleed for someone else who's hurting. Sensitive souls are hard to have sometimes. But, you are right, we are very lucky to have what we have and I think you're defnitely positive-look at all the awesome stuff you do for Unity! Love you girlie-and LOVE your butterfly costume and makeup :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry for your co-worker's loss. Just go home tonight and hug your family tight and cherish every moment with them. Love your card!!! And what a fun costume!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey beautiful butterfly gal. .. beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry about the lady, and sorry for her poor husband. Hopefully she knows the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your costume turned out so fabulous! Love the BIG wings! And your card is so awesome! That stamp is so big! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Card is beautiful!! Your costume is so Cute!! You look pretty!!

    I am sorry for your co-workers wife.
    My thoughts & prayers for them in the days ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jimmi,

    Hope you are feeling more happy at the moment. It's terrible when you hear bad news like that about people close to you. But to honor the people that have a hard time, I think we all should be kind to each other and enjoy life to the fullest! That's what they would do if they had the chance! It's good to take a moment to think about the person, but don't be too sad... Hope you're all well and thanks for showing us that pretty peek and the wonderful card you made with it. I'm sure the card you sent will be loved as well, maybe not immediately, but he will also feel good about there's someone thinking about his wife! It's such a warm idea not to be forgotten!
    All the best!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Jimmi!

    Thanks for sharing whats in your heart. It really helped me put my life perspective back into wack. Three years ago I lost my husband to cancer. I have three young daughters and it has not been an easy journey but we are survivors. Life does go on and I know your boss will find some of his greatest comfort from his children, family and friends. This life lesson has taught me how to appreciate the little things in life...how each moment in time is a new memory to cherish. I needed to be reminded of this again though Jimmi because sometimes life is crazy busy and you forget to smile and enjoy! You just helped me remember.

    Thanks and my prayers go out to you all...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card and fun costume!!

    So sorry to hear about the wife of your coworker. It's so hard when death comes close to us. I agree that it makes a value what we have so much more. I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card & gorgeous butterfly! Hugs to you, sweet friend. (sorry I'm late commenting, I've been working like a fiend all weekend).

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!