Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hip Hop Journal Time!

Well I am pretty excited for y'all to be here to see what I made today...totally out of the ordinary for this girl and it felt GOOD to stretch myself for this project.

I hope you found me from Jessica's sweet blog and if not you need to hop on back to the beginning on the Unity Blog and start from there, you do not want to miss anything today!

Today the Unity Team is showing you our Christmas journals.

I made one using manila shipping tags.  There are about 5,000 of them in a box in the supply room at my office so I just asked the boss if I can have a pile of them to use for stamping and he was all for it.

This is just the beginning of my journal, I got 1.5 tags done so far.  I used Echo Park's Everybody Loves Christmas line.

This is the cover tag. 


This is the back of the cover tag where I can do some journaling.
I'm going to do something similar on the back of each tag.
 

this is the 2nd tag...
I figured I would have some kind of shopping picture I could use eventually ;)




And that's my start of a journal!  I'll put some pretty ribbon on the ring when I'm done or as I go and just keep adding to it til it's done!
Hope you like it!

Here is a quick card I made for this week's Hip Hop Sketch Challenge.  Again using Echo Park paper, this time the Wintertime line of papers.

Here is another card for this weeks Hip Hop Sketch using
the new Echo Park kits released TODAY! 
SURPRISE!

On the journal and my 1st card I used the November Kit of the month: Picture Perfect

Your next stop is to AJ's blog, HAVE FUN!

Next Blog

I'll see you later today in the Unity SCS Forum for some GOOD times!

32 comments:

  1. oh this is fabulous!! I so love this Jimmi.. what a great way to use those tags!! fabulous card.. can't wait to see more tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmi, this is sooo FABULOUS and how clever are you about making a tag book...LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness! This is FABULOUS beyond fabulous! I LOVE all the decorating you did and that beautiful family picture on the cover. The tags were PERFECT to use for this! Awesome take on the sketch challenge too (I used the new EP set for the sketch-it was perfect :) You have been BUSY, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, Jimmi....I love that you are using tags...such a great idea and I love the design of them! Beautiful card too!! smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! Would this shopping picture, perhaps, have a sweater in it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimmi your tags are fabulous!!! Wonderful idea. The card is GORGEOUS!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I love the idea of a tag book this came out awesome and of course I just love your card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow- this turned out FANTASTIC!! I totally LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These tags are adorable, Jimmi! Super fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, mY! I squealed when I saw it-those tags are AWESOME!!! great idea and super cute. oh, yeah, so is your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tag album is going to be soooo cute! Can't wait to see more progress! Also love what you did with the new sketch--so fun with the new EP stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow love your tags!! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!! LOVE this...I need to find some tags :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great tags I just love Echo Park paper! and the new stamps are adorable!! Two fabulous cards today :) thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how your journaling tags turned out!!! And fantastic cards!

    Lisa a

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your journaling tags Jimmi..such a fabulous project!! The cards are so beautiful too..what a sweet new line!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, this is amazing and I'm sooooo proud of you!!! Way to go, Jimmi girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OHHHHHHH! That tag album is super cute! LOOOOOOVE that penguin! I also love those cards--esp. the EP card!! LOVE IT:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did an awesome job!! I love your Christmas tag journal. The EP samples are great too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH JIMMI! I LOVE IT! I was totally thinking about doing the dec book thing also but was going to use a small chipboard album or something. BUT I love the tag idea I may have to "borrow" the idea! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. everything is SO gorgeous, Jimmi! I adore your tag journal idea... it is the perfect size... you can easily add in little memories and journaling without having to create a whole page... LOVE THAT!
    ps. your family photo is stunning... :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the simplicity of a tag journal! Great idea! Cute EP card! Love the stamping sets!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love the idea of tag albums!! You can just keep layering things on and they get so chunky and fun to look at! Yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE your tag daily album. I hope you share more as we get closer to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those tags are awesome.....and the take on the sketch is really fabulous....thnx for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! Everything is FABULOUS, Jimmi! I love the book and the cards! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  27. And you were worried about this??? Huh?? Talk about freakin' awesome! I can't wait to see the rest of your tag journal!! Fantastic Jimmi!!! And such super cute cards, too!! Totally playing along with this sketch for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE this tag book!!!! That is SO darn cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!