Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's A Virtual Cookie Swap!

Happy Sunday Everyone!
Today I have a cookie recipe for you as part of a FUN Virtual Cookie Exchange that AJ thought up!
There are some fabulous ladies participating so be sure to visit them, too (their blogs are listed below).

I have made my FAST, EASY No-Bake Oatmeal cookie recipe.  It's a recipe I make all the time, I know it by heart.  It's perfect for this busy time of year when you don't have lots of time to be in the kitchen.  They take 10 minutes from start to finish, PROMISE!
These are so FAST and EASY you can make them in the morning, before school...when you've just remembered you have to bring cookies or before church or work and they'll be ready when you get out of your shower!

Here is the top of the box with the cookies in it.  I put the recipe here and used a non-permanent adhesive so this piece can be taken right off and put into the recipients recipe box or wherever they store their recipes.
I hand wrote it basically because I love to see people's handwriting so I thought maybe others like things handwritten, too!
 
Here is a picture of all of the ingredients melting together:
(sugar, margarine, cocoa powder and milk)
 
 Very important part...let boil for 1 minute...no less and no longer.
for some reason if this part isn't pretty close to perfect
the cookies sometimes won't harden.
And here is when you dump the oatmeal and peanut butter in:

and here they are on parchment paper cooling off:
(in about 30 minutes they are ready to eat! but they are super yummy warm, too...ask me how I know!)




here are some of them in their box:
(this box is from a local cupcakery...I have quite a collection of them!)

This is the decoration I made for the box:
(stamps: Greeting of Christmas)
The paper is Jillibean Soup!
Here are the rest of the Cookie Exchange Girls:
AJ Otto:

Jessica Diedrich:

Eva Dobilas:

Kimberly Crawford

Jenn Balcer:

Tina Fussell:

Tiffany Johnson:

Here is the recipe, in case the picture is not easily readable:
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 Stick of Margarine
4 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
Place these ingredients into a heavy saucepan and melt and bring to a boil.  Boil for 1 minute and then turn off heat.  Then add the following:
3 cups Quick Cooking Oats
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
Mix together well and then using a teaspoon drop spoonfuls onto parchment paper and let cool 30-45 minutes.

Have a GREAT Sunday!

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. these are some of my FAVE cookies...easy and de-lish. love the packaging, Jimmi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These babies are cookie crack for me ... I could eat the whole batch, although my goofy husband doesn't like chocolate, so I usually make mine with all peanut butter instead ... what a fun little hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...here are the famous no bake cookies...and look at your Miss Pioneer Woman showing us step by step...LOVE it!!!! These do sound very yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Jimmi! The cookies look so good. I'm trying to grab them now and can't get into cyber land! Love your box and how you added the recipe. Very creative and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your box is tooo cute! And your cookies are totally drool worthy. It doesn't get any better than NO-bake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Jimmi- I have NEVER made NO bake cookies- I am soooo going to try these!! thanks for sharing the recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, those look SO good! My hubby is going to LOVE them!!
    And your box is way too darling!!!! What a great idea!!
    (((((HUGS))))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks the yummy cookie recipe, need to write this one up here after I get back into the office. Just whipped up a batch and can't wait to eat...maybe for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to smile when I saw your recipe. My mom used to make these when I was growing up. She always made them at Christmas too....so they remind me of the holidays. They are soooo good. :) Thanks for bringing back sweet memories. Now I think I need to whip some up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom made these when I was growing up, and even though I'm waaaay grown....she still makes them!!! They are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my husband will just love these, tfs! really love your sweet gift box, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep...I can only imagine how many pounds gained later...but OH YUM. Such a cute treat holder/box too! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this project! Thanks for sharing the recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!