Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Fun Book Challenge & FWF

Hello lovely friends!  Happy Friday to you all!
I am having a SUPER happy Friday because I took the day off to give myself a nice 4-day weekend, yay me!
I think I'll do nothing today, yep, sure will!
And I'll start right after this blog post, lots of that daytime TV to watch...LOVE that stuff!

So today's FFC is to make a card inspired by your favorite book or a book you are reading, etc.
My card is very loosely inspired by the cover of Dark Lover...the book that started my love for the Black Dagger Brotherhood....grown-up vampire stuff!  no Edward here...lol (I still do love my Edward).

Here is the cover of the book:

and here is my card. I used the same colors and I made it about love because these books are all about LOTS of love ;)
this bad picture is why I take ALL of my pictures at work and why I never really submit to PC Mag, lol....it's always the night of the deadline when I think of making something and there is NO WAY I am taking pics of them in my house with NO good lighting and sending them to anyone, lol....Oh well, c'est la vie, right?
{that's my story and I'm sticking to it!}

Check out the rest of the Friday Fun Girls:
Christi
Sherry
Kimme

I used the Stampin' Store kit Wishes and Kisses

My card is also for Friends With Flair

Now let me announce my blog candy winner, LUCKY #12:

Brenda said...
Oh Jimmi your card is beautiful!!! I love the Echo Park Be Mine papers, I just got some and oh they are so pretty and you did the justice! Thank you for the chance to win that wonderful pack of papers.
CONGRATS Brenda.  Please email me your address: jimmipm@msn.com
YAY YOU!

Don't forget about all the NEW releases over at Unity.....OMG-ness....the stamps keep getting better and better, I really don't understand how it's possible, but they do!
And it's still January so shipping is still FREE, even on these pre-orders!  LUCKY YOU!

Let me show you a few of my favorites!


Have a GREAT weekend!


Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. stunning card. love the strong colours.. and love those stamp sets too.. Congrats to your blog winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purty card, Jimmi! I love that embossed background. Congrats, Brenda! Have fun with your new goodies! Now to add "Happy" to my wish list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card! I so need to get that embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your LOVE card. You are so creative. All the new sets are awesome and I want them all.
    Enjoy your ME day! You so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that series and LOVE your card just as much!

    Lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Jimmi.
    Enjoy your LONG weekend!
    LOVE the new stamps...my pockets are burning...

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card, jimmi!! enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an adorable card. and love all those new sets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Card!! Enjoy your 4 day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh, Jimmi! This is so incredibly fabulous! I LOVE everything about the design...gorgeous! Enjoy your time off girly!! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card!
    Will have to check that book series out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Jimmi :0)
    Love that set.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning! Red and black are such great colors together and make such a statement! Love, love, love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. It does resemble the book. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card and while I am viewing it on my phone, the picture seems perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely card Don't you love butterfly stamps set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OHHHH! LOVE this card--so fun! Love that ribbon! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card - I love that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jimmi, I just love your cards!!! And I wanna read that book too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card!! I love the challenge inspiration as well. Good idea! Hope your day off was fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your card Jimmi! and all of these new Unity stamps are so tempting!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!