Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Faux!

TGIF!
So happy you are here for Friends With Flair
and today's Friday Fun!
You can see all of the Friends With Flair
blogs on the Unity Blog!

It's April so we have a new FFC hostess, Sherry.S
Since it's April Fools Day she challenged us
to use a FAUX technique on our cards.

I chose the Faux Tile tutorial from SCS.
(not sure why it's "faux" tile because they are cut into tiles...but I digress)

I made this for a sweet 10 year old girl.
I dog sit for her family, 2 sweet doggies, and one of them
had to be put to sleep yesterday...sweet Bear, he was 13
and I really, really loved that dog...
So I made a card!
and it did make me feel better for a minute
but when I doggie sit this weekend
and Bear is not there, I will be sad again.
I'm going to leave this in their kitchen with
a little plant or flowers.

This stamp is: Love of My Life

Hope you like it!

PLEASE check out what the fab Friday girls made today!

Tomorrow I'll show you Rachel's birthday card, I really LOVE it!

And since it is April now, how about the April, Unity Kit of the Month!
small things matter most


Don't forget to Follow my new site: Shopping With Jimmi

9 comments:

  1. As a dogger lover, your card and plant will be very much appreciated! Sorry for your loss... I understand the hurt :(

    I really like the tile design of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card. I did the tiles too :) I think it's faux because of the CE on it making it look shiny like a porcelain tile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to use this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!!! Jimmi this is great!!!! hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card- I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so the other technique I was thinking of doing, & you rocked it!! Love what you do.

    I realized I'm still linked to your old blog, so gotta fix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your card at Splitcoast. Very Pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!