Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm Swimming for Katie! & a gift for You

WELCOME!!!
From October 10-12 some of the best stampers are joining together to support and encourage our friend and fellow stamper, Katie Renz, who is currently battling inoperable gastric cancer.  If you're not familiar with her, Katie’s cancer story started just before Christmas last year.  This young, beautiful, healthy, vibrant mother of 3 with her infectious smile was suddenly diagnosed with an inoperable cancer, virtually overnight.  A few tummy aches and then stage 4 gastric cancer.  Her first post about it is here.  The idea of “Swimming for Katie” came from her recent post here.
This exclusive stamp used in my sample, designed by Becky Oehlers is available as a clear stamp, as well as a digis or a dig and SVG cut file.  100% of the profits go to Katie's fund to help her and her young family.  Her husband Kevin and her three young children need our help and support.  In addition to the Keep Swimming Octopus, Marianne Walker and True =D Doodle Designs both also donated digis that are for sale.  Direct donations are also being accepted.
Information central is HERE.  Please visit to see all of these amazing digis and stamps :)  {This is a permanent page that will stay active at i {heart} papers with current information and the full 3 day blog hop listing, as well as the donation button}


Here is my card I've made today, a card that I really LOVE!  How can you not ADORE this sweet octopus???

I hope you will join me in supporting Katie through a purchase or donation.
Below is a list of everyone who has projects posted today.  I hope you will be inspired by them and moved to purchase or donate.  
AJ Otto
Beate
Carolyn Mustopa
Dawn Burnworth
Deb Felts
Gretchen Belknap
Heather Jensen
Jen del Muro
Julie Ranae
Kate - i {heart} papers
Kendra Wietstock
Lisa Johnson
Loretta Lock
Lori Tecler
Lynn Mercurio
Marianne Walker
Michele Gross
Stacy aka Twinshappy
Tracy Schultz
Debbie Olson
Cindy Lawrence
Cindy Haffner 
Julie Koerber
Christine Okken
Tammy Hershberger
Danielle Kennedy
Barbara Anders
Makiko Jones
Ashley N Newell
Shannan Teubner
Taylor Usry
Jen Tapler
Jenn Balcer
Jenny Chesnick
Jess Larsen
Jessica Knutsen
Jimmi Mayo
Joan Bardee
Joan Ervin
Julia Aston
Julie Day
Julie Ebersole

If you would like to send Katie a card, her mailing address is:
Katie Renz
PO Box 5913
Bellingham, WA 98227-5913

Now I bet you want to know how you can win something FABULOUS!
I would LOVE to give 1 person a $10 gift certificate for i {heart} papers!
What you have to do is leave me a comment and tell me HOW you are swimming for Katie, too!
Did you buy any of the amazing new digi's or stamps available?  Are you sending her a card?  Did you make a donation?  (ANY amount will be amazing)

Do one of the things above and let me know by Thursday at midnight....and on Friday, Oct. 14th I will post a winner!

Enjoy the WHOLE hop and have a fabulous day!

25 comments:

  1. I'll be sending Katie and card and buying the stamp too. what a terrific idea to help out Katie and her special family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Your card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for helping and for the extra incentive. Your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sa-weet card! Love your coloring and embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! HUGS AND PRAYERS HER WAY!!!!!

    wyme98@yahoo.com

    I am sending her a card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your card - so pretty. I'm so getting some of those digi sets - they're fab, and I'll be posting one to Katie - she's an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card!! And the make up on the octo!! xo I'll keep Katie and her family in my thoughts.

    Jessica Griffin
    http://www.canyoupixelthis.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so sweet Jimmi! This is wonderful, the card and the giveaway! You ROCK!! I have donated and I bought a digi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your angled papers look great on this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely adorable Jimmi. Thank you you for doing this for Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not only is she cute, she's girlie and fantastic just like my friend Jimmi :) Thanks for being part of such a wonderful cause and outpouring of support for our Katie girl...you are such a caring and supportive person! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card dearie!!! Thanks for helping Katie and her family!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jimmi your card is just adorable! Love how you combined all the dp and elements together!
    I have already donated and I will send Katie a card. And I saw Marianne Walkers Mermaid card and now I need that digi as well!! All for a great cause!!

    Blessings and Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so fun! Love the striped background and the touch of makeup on the octopus, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card--love the paper choices and colors! I purchased the ribbon fish pkg - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep...that stamp is DARLING!!! Amd so is your card! I made a donation last night - was very surprised to see that she lives only 1/2 away from me (if she is close to her mailing address!) She will definately be in my prayers! Thanks for participating!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card, Jimmi. Of course your octopus is wearing eye shadow!!! hehe She's so pretty!!! :) I picked up the stamp last night. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so thrilled that you guys are doing this hop for Katie. I didn't notice your octopus's eye shadow until I read Vanessa's comment...I had to go look again, and yup, there it is! Too funny!! It's things like this hop that make me want to be a better crafter. Off to buy some pretty special stamps...digi and otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi! i purchased a stamp and the digi mermaid. I'm not a digi person but she is so pretty and it's for a great cause! Once I get home and download her I will be sending a card :) Thanks for being part of this hop - you guys are just so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jimmi, your card turned out darling.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  21. this hope has been filled with heartfelt friendship.. I was planning on sending her a card just from having read everyone's connection to her. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card!! I just made a donation to Katie. I want to make a card and send to Katie i think of her daily and pray for her family!! She has incredible strength!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!